Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction

I: "Dear Reader, meet Old Fashioned Liberal. Old Fashioned Liberal, meet Dear Reader."
DR: "Oh, an Old Fashioned Liberal. Do I fear you, like you, or think that everything you say is both old and false?"
OFL: "None of the above. Treat me like you would anything else. If what I say is true, think so. If what I say is false, say so."
DR: "How did you get interested in Chesterton?"
OFL: "It was Orthodoxy. It had the potential of being the best book in the world, so I read it. I was not disappointed and so came back for more. How about you?"
DR: "_________________________"

Well, Dear Reader, fill in the blank

2 comments:

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

This is a very interesting meeting,
Old Fashioned Liberal. I don't
remember when I first heard of
Chesterton; probably when I was
very young. Unfortunately, I
haven't read very many of his
books. Someday, that will change!!!

Anonymous said...

I found a The Man Who Was Thursday in a bookshelf several years ago. It went from there.